I am a frequent speaker at conferences, corporations, and user's groups. While I most frequently speak about how XML is used with databases, I have also spoken about a range of other topics, including XML basics, XML namespaces, and using XML for technical writing. My presentations are generally designed for programmers, but can often be modified for non-technical audiences.
I currently have presentations about the following topics. If your topic is not listed, please ask.
- XML and Databases
- XQuery and XPath
- Mapping DTDs to Databases
- Native XML Databases
- Introduction to XML
- Simple API for XML (SAX)
- Document Object Model (DOM)
- XML Namespaces
- XML and Technical Writing
Presentations range from one hour to two days and are designed to give participants a technical introduction to the topic. Many can be modified to meet the needs of less technical audiences. All presentations are in English.
I live near Silicon Valley and am therefore available to give presentations throughout the San Francisco Bay Area. I am happy to travel to other areas, such as the East Coast or Europe, when it is worth my time. So while I won't fly to the East Coast for a one hour presentation or to Europe for a day, I might head east for a day or to Europe for a week.
Prices depend on what you want, the degree to which I need to customize existing presentations, the number of people attending, and your ability to pay (which roughly translates to the size/income of your company). If you are located outside the Silicon Valley, prices also include my travel expenses: flight, hotel, and rental car (if any).
For an exact quote, send me email or call me at +1 (831) 335-4182 and describe the kind of presentation you want.
Below is a partial list of places I have spoken. Not included are corporate speaking engagements, as these are generally covered by non-disclosure agreements.
- XML 2002, Half-day tutorial: XML and Databases
- XML 2002, Panel member: XML and Databases
- DAMA Day, St. Louis, Speaker: XML and Databases
- XML 2003, Full-day tutorial: XML and Databases
- XML 2004, Full-day tutorial: XML and Databases
- XML 2004, Panel member: XML, Queries, and Databases
- XML 2005, Full-day tutorial: XML and Databases
- XML 2005, Conference presentation: Native XML databases in the real world